ADSM-L

Re: DB Size growth

2001-06-05 10:31:19
Subject: Re: DB Size growth
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:32:01 -0700
>> Recently we have gone through a Server Consolidation
>> on 2 of our servers.
>> During this consolidation effort I had noticed that
>> our DB size has grown
>> from a concerning value of 64.7% to an alarming
>> 72.5% over a period of about
>> 1 week.

Have you taken into account your backup copy group settings? Consolidation
on a single server means counting for each and every file starts over again.
Depending on the number of versions you've set this could account for the
increase. Those settings will also determine when the old files expire.
Unless of course you delete all the filespaces manually and run expiration.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC