ADSM-L

Re: Interesting observation with Tsm4.1

2001-06-05 08:15:36
Subject: Re: Interesting observation with Tsm4.1
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:21:56 +0200
Hi Richard,

I agree - the only problem is the TSM4.1 does not give you any indication of
the actual volume name - the 3.7 server does.
So in order to find out what tape your backup file is located on you will
first need to run a select * from contents where node_name='BLAH' and ......
Does not matter how specific you get with this SQL query it takes a long
time to run to produce something that should have popped up in the error
message on the server.
Not good at all.....
I wonder if/when this will actually be changed.
Unfortunately we do not keep a copy storage pool for this machine - most
files backed up are already backups of another system - so the data could be
recreated. The thing that bothers me is that IBM said sorry - do an
auditdb - that will fix your problem.

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank

> >Why has this changed i nthe new version - the message is useless and
> >actually misleading.
>
> Christo - If you think this message is bad, take a look at its
predecessor,
>           in APAR IY09212.
> Because of the (presumed) bad spot on the tape, TSM should have marked the
> file as Damaged (which you can check with 'Query CONtent VolName ...
DAmaged=Yes').