ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino

2001-06-04 15:45:00
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:42:20 -0400
Radha,

Yes. This is fine. The TDP for Domino "incremental"
command was designed just for that reason in a
logged environment.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Radha
                    Parameswaran         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <csctivol@BART       cc:
                    .GOV>                Subject:     TDP for Domino
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/04/2001
                    02:25 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I have recently setup TDP for Domino in my e-mail server.  I have setup a
program document to compact all the databases starting at 4:00 am on
Sunday.  This weekend we ran into a problem where we had two backups
running simultaneously.  I had incremental backup starting at 7:00 pm on
Sunday and it started backing up all the files since the DBIID had changed
due to compaction.  The selective backup also started at midnight Sunday
and it started backing up all the logged files.    My question is can I
just run the incremental backup every day of the week and then inactivate
the logs after that and just not run the selective backup?