ADSM-L

Re: Restore problem

2001-06-02 07:03:30
Subject: Re: Restore problem
From: Mike Hull <mhull AT UOTTAWA DOT CA>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 07:03:52 -0400
> I noticed that when I do a restore my client may indicated 5GB restored but
> when I do a q session on the server it will indicated that 3GB or so was
> sent.  This hasn't happen before until I moved to Gigabit ethernet last
> week.  Does anyone one know how to correct this.

If your client is configured to compress the data before sending it to
the server, this is an expected result.  From the client's point of
view, 5 GB of data (uncompressed) was moved.  From the
server's point of view, 3 GB of data (compressed) was moved.

At least that is my experience.

Mike Hull
University of Ottawa
Mike Hull and Lynn Jette