ADSM-L

Re: Issues with Win2K SYSTEM OBJECT/SYSTEM FILES backup

2001-06-01 17:02:49
Subject: Re: Issues with Win2K SYSTEM OBJECT/SYSTEM FILES backup
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:56:48 -0400
Wanda, thanks for the info.

I was aware of this feature so I am staying on 4.1.1.16 where 'system objects'
is not in the default domain.  For each w2k machine I make an additional
schedule to back up 'system objects' every 4 weeks.

I wonder what is the difference between backing up these files thru the normal
backup of the C drive and backing them up as part of 'system objects'.  Put
another way, what necessary data or meta-data is added by using the system
objects
path.  This is probably more a question about the win2k system than about tsm.

--