ADSM-L

Re: Issues with Win2K SYSTEM OBJECT/SYSTEM FILES backup

2001-06-01 16:28:09
Subject: Re: Issues with Win2K SYSTEM OBJECT/SYSTEM FILES backup
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:25:18 EDT
We have another issue with Win2K backup of the SYSTEM OBJECT,
namely, that it doesn't update its backup status when an incremental
is run on it:

                       Node Name: <nodename>
                  Filespace Name: SYSTEM OBJECT
                        Platform: WinNT
                  Filespace Type: NTFS
                   Capacity (MB): 0.0
                        Pct Util: 0.0
     Last Backup Start Date/Time:
  Days Since Last Backup Started:
Last Backup Completion Date/Time:
Days Since Last Backup Completed:

And this is after an explicit incremental. Maybe herein lies the
problem?

We noticed this because we use the Last Backup Start and Completion
fields in our backup reports that we sent to users. The surge in
the number of calls and emails was my first clue!

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University