ADSM-L

Re: Exchange backup recommendation

2001-06-01 09:29:17
Subject: Re: Exchange backup recommendation
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 09:30:17 -0400
Jim,

I am sure you realize that ADSM 3.1 on MVS went
"End of Service" on 01/31/2001.
(http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tivolieoc.html)

But, you could try using the new TDP for Exchange Version 2
with your ADSM 3.1 server. I realize the requirements for
TDP for Exchange V2 state that it requires a TSM 3.7 server...
...but I am guessing that it will probably work with your server.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Jim Kirkman
                    <jmk AT EMAIL DOT UNC       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    .EDU>                cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Exchange backup
recommendation
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/01/2001
                    08:53 AM
                    Please respond
                    to jim_kirkman

Greetings,

I'm looking for some ideas. I've got a customer running Exchange 2000.
His problem is (from a backup perspective) he's communicating with an
ADSM 3.1.2.50 server. We've got an upgrade planned for later this summer
(bundled in with a jump to 2.10 on OS\390) but until then I'm looking
for options short of  taking the mailboxes offline after hours and
manually backing everything up.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--