ADSM-L

Re: Restore

2001-06-01 07:12:01
Subject: Re: Restore
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 07:12:57 -0400
>        I am restoring from one Aix client node to another.
>        I am able to restore some filespaces and not others.
>       The message is "No files matching search criteria were found" for
>       those that are NOT successful.

Raymond - That message (ANS4095E) often appears when the file system type
          is not supported on the platform you are trying to restore to.
You can do Query Filespace to compare the file system type of the one that
works to the one that doesn't.  But it should not be that case, as the
platform types (AIX) are both the same.
    Another possibility is that TSM is confusing the filespace portion
of the path name you are trying to restore.  As per the client manual,
put the filespace portion in braces to set it off.
    Do 'dsmc q backup' operations from the adoptive client first, before
trying the restore, and narrow down the problem.

      Richard Sims, BU