ADSM-L

NDS tree backups

2001-05-31 11:51:42
Subject: NDS tree backups
From: Brian Nick <brian_nick AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:52:19 -0400
Hello everyone.

 We are running TSM 3.7.4 on OS/390 2.10 and are using the TSM 3.7.2 client
on a Netware server. Here is our situation.

Our NDS Tree backup take about 18 hours for us to  complete. I am being
told by our Netware support group that this is a TSM client issue because
according to them Arcserve can backup our tree in 10 min.

 I have very limited knowledge of how Novell and the NDS tree backup works,
but I was wondering if anyone else has seen similar times and if there is a
way to decrease the length of the TSM backup when backing up the NDS tree.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions