ADSM-L

Re: Ultrium media

2001-05-31 03:19:11
Subject: Re: Ultrium media
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:19:35 +1200
Before we got proper labels we made a bunch of labels on a crappy $200 colour
inkjet printer using light card that are stuck on with a glue stick, they are
hand cut so they are slightly crooked.
I can definitely say they none of them had problems (except a couple labels
fell off
when we used inferior glue). Most of those tapes are still use in the library.
That barcode reader is top notch.
We had our computer operators do this during graveyard shift.

We have purchased sheets of blank labels now so if we buy unlabeled tapes we
don't
need to cut them up.

Out of 30+ HP tapes and 120 IBM ones I have 2 dud IBM tapes (I believe this was
do with microcode problems earlier on, I haven't retested since I upped to
1550).
On this side of the world IBM tapes are actually cheaper so we keep buying
those.

Cheers, Suad