ADSM-L

Re: Changing the Tivoli server hostname

2001-05-30 11:29:41
Subject: Re: Changing the Tivoli server hostname
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:30:37 -0400
Actually, this is made so much easier if it is turned into a DNS issue,
rather than editing dsm.opt/dsm.sys files on every client.  We use a CNAME
to place into our dsm.sys/opt files, so that the clients never use the
machines' true hostname to contact it.  The CNAME is an alias that points
at the machine, so changing the hostname does not affect the clients, so
long as the CNAME still points at the server.

> Hello,
>
> on each client (dsm.opt) you can change the tcpserveradress to point to the
> right one
>
> Ren� Lambelet
> Nestec S.A. / Informatique du Centre
> 55, av. Nestl�  CH-1800 Vevey (Switzerland)
> *+41'21'924'35'43  7+41'21'924'28'88  * K4-117
> email rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com
> Visit our site: http://www.nestle.com
>
>         This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
>         may contain information that is privileged and confidential.

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
HOD Service Coordinator
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
TSM/ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)