ADSM-L

db backup volume in offsite and del volhistory.

2001-05-30 11:09:35
Subject: db backup volume in offsite and del volhistory.
From: Jon Milliren <jon.milliren AT IA.PITT DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:52:14 -0400
Hi all,

        I was wondering that if you performed a del volhist -1 daily, would the
db volume offsite be usable (in a dr situation), even if it were deleted
from the volhistory?

        For offsite, I send my copy volumes, along with a db_backup volume, and
a floppy with that days volhistory and devconfig. The db backup,
volhist.out and devconfig.out are created on the same day. I'm thinking
that this is sufficient, however I don't want to be bitten in the behind
should DR day ever come.

Thanks,

Jon

--