ADSM-L

LTO drives in a 3584 Library

2001-05-30 09:17:52
Subject: LTO drives in a 3584 Library
From: Fab System <Fab.Request AT MARKS-AND-SPENCER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:18:23 +0100
All

We have 4 LTO drives in a 3584 libary which is connected using a SAN Data
Gateway. When I look at the device class for the library there is an option
to set "Recording Format" and this is currently set to DRIVE. The options
are DRIVE/ ULTRIUM/ULTRIUMC.

The reason I ask the question is because the LTO drives seem to be very slow
compared to the 3590's we have in our other libraries.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sean Dudding

Registered Office:
Marks and Spencer p.l.c
Michael House, Baker Street,
London, W1U 8EP
Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone  (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile  (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

This e-mail is confidential. If you received it by mistake, please let us know
and then
delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose, or distribute its
contents to
anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail, as this is prohibited and may be
unlawful