ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1 on OS/390 2.10 and RMM ????

2001-05-29 11:42:32
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1 on OS/390 2.10 and RMM ????
From: Brian Nick <brian_nick AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:43:23 -0400
Christo,

 We are running the same environment except that we are TSM 3.7.4 and we do
not have any problems with this issue. We did have a problem when we
attempted to scratch volumes under RMM and we applied OW47979 to correct
this issue and it did.

 I spoke with our RMM support group and they are unaware of the fast
positioning option in RMM under OS/390 2.10.

 If you would like could you please send me more information concerning the
fast positioning so that we can see if we are using it.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
Phoenix Home Life Mutual Ins.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian_Nick AT PHL DOT COM
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

                   Christo Heuër

                   <christoh@ABS        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                   A.CO.ZA>             cc:

                   Sent by:             Subject:     TSM 4.1 on OS/390 2.10 and
RMM ????
                   "ADSM: Dist

                   Stor Manager"

                   <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                   RIST.EDU>

                   05/29/01

                   09:09 AM

                   Please

                   respond to

                   Christo Heuër

Hi All,

Are there anybody out there running OS/390 2.10 and TSM4.1.3.0 and using
RMM
as the tape mgmt. system?
We implemented this config and have been suffering with tape related I/O
errors since then.
The migration tasks fail with a 613-04 EOD abend on each and every tape it
tries to migrate to. You can mark the tape as reado and it will try the
next
tape and sometimes work and sometimes not - more often not....
In the new release of RMM there is something called fast positioning that
causes the EOD abends during disp=mod processing - this is what Tsm does
all
the time.
The APAR created last week for the problem is OW48730.
Needless to say we implemented the APAR last night but it has not solved
our
problem.

Is there anybody that runs this config without problems?

Thanks
Christo