ADSM-L

Re: Trace/BPT trap with TSM 4.1.2 on AIX

2001-05-27 07:58:05
Subject: Re: Trace/BPT trap with TSM 4.1.2 on AIX
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 07:58:59 -0400
>yesterday I installed the TSM 4.1.2.0 client on an AIX 4.3.2.0 machine.
>DSM works, DSMADMC works as well but DSMC gives me the following message:
>
>Trace/BPT trap(coredump)

Thomas - From ADSM.QuickFacts:

    Trace/BPT trap(coredump)
        Has been seen when swap space was not active on an AIX system.
        Also, assure that the file system in which server resources are located
        is not full, and has sufficient elbow room for any additional space
        that it needs.

Most customers who run into this find it to be the paging space problem.

  Richard Sims, BU