ADSM-L

Re: Netware restore from one client to another

2001-05-26 06:32:42
Subject: Re: Netware restore from one client to another
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 23:42:24 -0500

Tony Jules wrote:
>I found out that the best way to restore files from one Netware client to
>another is by using the Web Interface, and it goes like this:

[major snippage]

>This may seem like a lot of work, but these steps take only a few minutes,
>and work every single time. I was able to restore an entire Netware server
>using this procedure.

There is a *much* easier way. Install the TSM client on the new Netware
client and give it the same nodename as the original client. (Make the
sure the original client is offline.) Then all you have to do is:

        res vol1:* -subdir=yes

Make sure vol1 exists on the new Netware client first.