ADSM-L

Re: Does TSM check AIX permissions?

2001-05-25 13:38:40
Subject: Re: Does TSM check AIX permissions?
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:38:30 -0500
Richard,

I couldn't find that when I searched the online doc, but I thought that's
what it said.  However, in this case, it didn't do so.  The admin says that
looking at "numerous" files in various filesystems he hasn't found any that
have a backup date that is the same as the date the permissions were changed.

At 01:11 PM 5/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Should TSM consider the change of AIX permissions to be a modification of
>the file, and therefore, back it up.

Yes.  See the B/A Client manual, "Backing Up and Restoring Files" chapter,
"Backup: Related Topics", "What Does TSM Consider a Changed File".

  Richard Sims, BU