ADSM-L

Re: Who is still keeping Y2K backups and how long to you intend t o keep them?

2001-05-23 23:10:45
Subject: Re: Who is still keeping Y2K backups and how long to you intend t o keep them?
From: Jim Taylor <jtaylor AT ENLOGIX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 20:08:37 -0700
At my previous place of employment we did many special backups of Y2K
related data.  We did not use long retention periods for this data.  We
figured that if we were going to need the data we would find out soon
enough.

RULE of THUMB: don't keep backups for the sake of keeping backups.  Instead,
consider your restore requirements.  Your restore requirements should
dictate your backups and backup retention.

For what it's worth.

Jim Taylor