ADSM-L

Re: TSM client for Mac OS X (again)

2001-05-22 16:51:49
Subject: Re: TSM client for Mac OS X (again)
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:45:44 EDT
>I can see where a full-function GUI client may take them
>a little time to complete, but the underlying API of MacOS X is BSD
>Unix. I'd expect a command line only client would be easy enough to port
>at least on an unsupported basis to accommodate the early adopters.

There isn't a FreeBSD client either (another growing segment for us),
but a student here is running the Linux client on FreeBSD in Linux
emulation/compatibility (can't remember the term he used).

We offered to do the port or assist with it, but because of the
proprietary nature of the software that idea went nowhere.

I was hoping that Apple would hold off on the rollout until the
school year was over. This way, I'd have the summer to figure
something out.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University