ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log mirrors

2001-05-22 15:20:05
Subject: Re: Recovery Log mirrors
From: "Caffey, Jeff L." <jlcaffey AT PIER1 DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:21:11 -0500
Jeff,

I have my recovery log setup on a volume that is raid-5 (local SSA disk on
the TSM/AIX server).  In TSM, I have it mirrored to two separate volumes
(both raid-5, one is local SSA disk on the TSM/AIX server, one is on the
Shark).  That probably adds a little overhead, but I doubt that I'll lose
multiple drives on three different volumes (two different SSA loops and one
Shark) at the same time.  If I do, I think my recovery log will be the last
of my worries...

Thank you,

Jeff Caffey
Enterprise Systems Programmer
(AIX & Storage Administrator)
Pier 1 imports, Inc.  -  Information Services
jlcaffey AT pier1 DOT com
Voice: (817) 252-6222