ADSM-L

TSM client for Mac OS X (again)

2001-05-22 10:05:06
Subject: TSM client for Mac OS X (again)
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:57:52 EDT
Much to my dismay, Apple announced yesterday at the start of the
WWDC that they would start shipping all new Macs with OS X along
with OS 9.1 as of yesterday. They will dual boot 9.1 and X, but
I'm sure the pressure to go to OS X will be strong.

We're getting more and more Macs and I can't back them up with
the current TSM client (at least not the OS X stuff). Is there
a committment to creating an OS X client or should I start looking
for another backup product? I hate to bring in another server
because the single backup product strategy has been such a good
thing for us - especially in terms of support costs and personnel.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University