ADSM-L

Server-to-server communications beyond 9th September 2001

2001-05-22 04:31:36
Subject: Server-to-server communications beyond 9th September 2001
From: Neil Schofield <Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:32:11 +0100
Just need a bit of re-assurance.

Can anybody confirm that all versions of *SM will handle server-to-server comms
beyond 9th September. The reason for my interest in this date in particular is
the way *SM generates the name of the virtual volumes. Part of the name is the
number of seconds since midnight on 1st January 1970.

By my calculations, at 01:46:40 on 9th September the number of seconds will
roll-over from 999999999 to 1000000000. I'm presuming all versions of ADSM/TSM
can cope with the extra digit in the virtual volume name? Has anybody tested
this?

Neil Schofield

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682