ADSM-L

Port Number question

2001-05-22 00:24:28
Subject: Port Number question
From: PETER GRIFFIN <PETER.GRIFFIN AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:24:49 +1000
Currenlty we do a  dbbackup to local DLT media on week days and on the week-end
it is done to another remotely located server.
I would like to do the backup remotely everyday however bandwidth is a probI
would like to do the backup remotely everyday however bandwidth is a problem.
We now have a capability to "cap" the bandwidth usage to ensure that the
dbbackup does not have a negative effect on normal business traffic. However
the "capping" is based upon  either or both the IP addresses and ports.

Does anyone know if the server to server communication uses a dedicated port
(37 712) or a range etc etc? I do not want to restrict any other TSM traffic.

Peter Griffin
Sydney Water