ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log

2001-05-21 10:32:04
Subject: Re: Recovery Log
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT RZ.UNI-ULM DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:26:43 +0200
"Gill, Geoffrey L." wrote:

> This morning I noticed my recovery log had risen to 83.2 at some point over
> the weekend. I'm already doing a full and one incremental backup of the log
> every day to keep it's size down. As you can see it's only 4GB and I still
> have room.
>
> The real question is, how and why did it get that high in the first place?
> The previous high had been 39.3%. Is there any way to find out what caused
> this or exactly when it happened?

Hello Gill,
you may check the values how long a second version of a file stays
in your default-backup-management class . If you count back the time
your log-file was so high and you come to the date when
'daylight-saving-time-comes' ... then the reason may be that the date
when a lot of files came out again from your server has just passed
and you may have a huge expiration process running on this day(s).

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

 Rainer Wolf                  rainer.wolf AT rz.uni-ulm DOT de
 Tel: 0731-50-22482           Fax: 0731-50-22471
 University of Ulm            http://www.uni-ulm.de/urz
 University Computing Center  Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
 AG Basissysteme              89069 Ulm