ADSM-L

SQL server recovery.

2001-05-20 23:09:20
Subject: SQL server recovery.
From: "Zosimo Noriega (ADNOC IS&T)" <znoriega AT ADNOC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 07:09:33 +0400
I have node with SQL server installed.  The AdsmConnect agent is installed
to backup the database and Adsm b/a client is installed to backup the
related files.  Since Adsm b/a client could not backup the files such as the
online datafiles of SQL database.  The recovery procedures of this node is
very long process in case of disaster, we need to install SQL engine and
configure then recover from database backup done be the agent.

Do you have any idea how to recover this node without installing the SQL
engine just restore the SQL datafiles and from the backup of the database?

How do you do in your site?

Any help from you is really appreciated.

Zosi Noriega
ADNOC
P.O. Box 898 AUH
UAE