ADSM-L

Re: 590 to F50

2001-05-18 16:56:22
Subject: Re: 590 to F50
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:57:01 -0400
I don't think there are any special circumstances for this.  AS I understand
you are keeping same TSM version and upgrading AIX to new machine.  I haven't
done a move of a TSM server to new machine, but we have TSM server 3.7.4.0 on
AIX 4.3.3.

Your device names on library might change (just the way they get assigned) so
will need to double check the device defs in TSM before and after.  I don't
think there are any license issues for this type of move.  IF going to TSM 4.1
they are definitely license issues!!

Of course your DB and LOG volumes, you need to check as far as setting up them
on new server with same namiong convention as old or making appropraite changes
that you want to do.

The TSM DB move I have seen others discuss here for AIX/TSM server in last 2
months, I think it's fairly simple for same type platform.  Check www.adsm.org
for old listings on this.

Hope this helps some and you're not doing this this weekend.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> glesho AT AFCE DOT COM 05/18/01 04:11PM >>>
Let me try again... didn't get any responses from my first try....

TSM (V.3.7.3.6) server currently on a 590 (AIX 432) and have a new server (F50 /
AIX 433) I wish to move the TSM server to.
Is there a FAQ or documentation I can look at to see what general steps I need
to take to make the transition without a lot of head aches? What are the license
issues? Does anyone have any notes? I am fairly proficient with TSM but have not
done this type of move... any hints would be much appreciated.  Have seached the
TSM/storage site and ADSM-L FAQs and have seen nothing that would help.

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 05/18/01 16:58:47
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.