ADSM-L

possible update Path from ADSM 3.1.2 to ????

2001-05-16 13:36:16
Subject: possible update Path from ADSM 3.1.2 to ????
From: "Block, Clemens" <block AT RZAG DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:36:35 +0200
Hi Folk!

We are still running a 3.1.2.16 ADSM Server Version.
As you know this is out of Support now. So there is a necessity  to migrate
the System to a higher level.
If we want to upgrade to the actual version 4.1.3 we had to pay a lot for
the license updates. Unfortunatelly there is no budget to do this at the
moment.

Can anybody tell me up to which Server Release I can upgrade without the
need of new license files. I tested to register licenses for a eval copy of
3.7.4.5 by using the old adsm-sl package on a test machine, but it didn't
work.

Probably we want to install the new server on a new machine. So there is
no need to be careful during the Installation process.

Maybe I did something wrong or it is impossible to use this release.
I'm grateful for any tip how to do this or where I can find detailed
Informa-
tions on the IBM Sites.

Thanks in advance
        Clemens