ADSM-L

Re: LTO restore performance - seek problem?

2001-05-16 07:57:33
Subject: Re: LTO restore performance - seek problem?
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 23:58:08 +1200
I've just had the firmware upgraded to 1550 (don't know the patchname)
from 12U7 and, at this stage, it doesn't look like it has fixed the read
performance problem

I audited 2 tapes with ~25% utilization in a filling state (I don't expect
many gaps in data). One took 3 hours the other 5.
During the audit I saw bursts of activity, up to 20MB/sec, then almost the
same period where there was nothing but polling. This was not consistent.

I won't do any more detailed testing until the end of the week but it doesn't
look good at first glance.

Cheers, Suad