ADSM-L

Re: AIX Question

2001-05-15 07:33:21
Subject: Re: AIX Question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 07:34:10 -0400
>How do you redirect error report resource names to a shell script.  I have a
>shell script that will send emails on resource names from the errpt but I
>don't know how to pass those resource names to the shell script.

Richard - I'm not completely clear on what you're after, but you can surely
          do something like 'errpt -a | awk ...' to process the current
contents of the AIX Error Log.  Access can be a lot more sophisticated as
well: I have a sample C program which illustrates how to directly report
from the Error Log, which I needed to figure out for a component for an
AIX system monitoring facility I wrote.  If interested, email me directly
and I'll send you a copy.

  Richard Sims, BU