ADSM-L

replace hard disk

2001-05-14 09:35:16
Subject: replace hard disk
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 08:35:20 -0500
        I have seen a lot of media errors on one of the hard disks. I plan
to replace the hard drive as soon as I can. I need some advice form you at
first.

        My server is IBM F80 with 4 9.1G hot swappable drives. disk1 is root
volume. Disk2 is mounted as /u01 and contains the TSM db and log. disk3 is
mounted as /u02 and contains dbcopy and logcopy of what are on disk1. Disk3
is mounted as /u03 and acts as a storage pool. The drive having problem is
disk2. What is the procedure of replacing the drive? Can I assume that by
shutting down TSM, umounting /u01, replacing the drive, creating logic
volume and fite system, mounting /u01, and starting TSM, the TSM server will
automatically regenerate what were on /u01 using dbcopy and logcopy on /u02?

        I appreciate your advice.

        Jie