ADSM-L

Re: TSM NT Client And ESP

2001-05-13 08:04:12
Subject: Re: TSM NT Client And ESP
From: Jim Taylor <jtaylor AT ENLOGIX DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 05:01:58 -0700
Tim

We also use ESP to schedule backups.  However; we are only backing up AIX
boxes.

We simply run a script that fires off a 'dsmc inc' on the client, all
scheduling aspects are controlled via ESP.

I am not particularly fond of doing it this way as I like what the TSM
scheduler does for me.

I am bound by the rules of the organization, that everything will be
scheduled via ESP.
So, I will be trying something like this.

Create a TSM schedule that has a large start window.
leave the scheduler down on the client.
Schedule starting the TSM scheduler on the client, via ESP.

I have not played with this yet, but I think it shouldn't be to much of a
problem.

For What It's Worth

Jim