ADSM-L

Re: More on 3590K tape quality issues

2001-05-11 12:07:29
Subject: Re: More on 3590K tape quality issues
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:08:14 -0600
        I second this issue. These puppies are a real problem to get
labeled. We have our IBM CE check that we had the latest and greatest
drivers installed (tape drive microcode, Atape drivers, atldd software), but
the problem persists.
        In our case, we also seem to have a higher incidence of the 'K'
tapes logging an error and being marked as readonly. We change the tape back
to readw, and it continues to write and read the tape with no problems.

        The new tapes just seem to be very sensitive, and throw up the panic
flag more often.

Ben Bullock
Unix system manager
Micron Technology Inc.