ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client/AIX/Sybase paging space problem

2001-05-11 11:25:45
Subject: Re: TSM Client/AIX/Sybase paging space problem
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:32:21 -0500
David- the only thing I have to offer you is that there was a known memory =

leak with all OBSI modules prior to 2.4.10.2.  Perhaps it was reintroduced =

at 2.5.0.0?

SQL-BackTrack? OBSI Module for ADSM
Technical Bulletin=20
=20
Version 2.4.10=20
August 16, 2000=20
=20
*100033286*=20

Problem
BMC Software is alerting users of SQL-BackTrack OBSI Module for ADSM, all=20
versions on all platforms, to a problem.=20
This technical bulletin describes a patch for SQL-BackTrack OBSI Module=20
for ADSM to prevent the problem from occurring.

There is a memory leak in the SQL-BackTrack OBSI Module for ADSM product.=20
For every 64k block of data recovered,=20
there is a loss of 8 bytes. Depending on the minimum bytes allocated by=20
your memory management system, this could=20
result in a greater loss for each 64k block of data being recovered.

good luck,
lisa

David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
05/11/2001 08:43 AM

=20