ADSM-L

Re: Multiple TSM* Servers On Same Machine

2001-05-11 10:46:57
Subject: Re: Multiple TSM* Servers On Same Machine
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:47:23 -5
We will be looking at running multiple TSM instances, probably on one
box, later this year.  Our server has plenty of horsepower and
bandwidth . . . the only reason we may need to do this is database
size.

The more I ponder this the madder I'm getting!  Why should I have to
purchase another instance of TSM, just to keep the db size down, so
that backup and recoveries can run faster!  We've got TB Oracle DB's
that don't have this problem!  If they just implemented a Oracle
style Hot backup so that I could copy out the actual db files live,
then this problem would be solved.

I'm about ready to jump on bandwagon asking for the ability to use
Oracle or DB2 for the TSM db engine!

Rick