ADSM-L

Re: AIX lv and dbvol

2001-05-11 04:40:46
Subject: Re: AIX lv and dbvol
From: Indra Gunawan <igunone AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 01:41:36 -0700
in my opinion, actually it will faster if we put one
object in one object too. But it doesn't assure of
balancing and safety issue, because it suppose to be
considered as a performance parameters. for safety,
stability and load balancing, I agree with Stephen (Hi
Stephen .. ).
It also depends on the configuration, if the 5's of
dbvol are considered as the mirrored to each other,
then I think it would be faster to put one object in
one object, that means one dbvol on one lv on on disk,
because for one process it will be handled at the same
time, pararel and no queuing. But once again, if it's
not, then the reliability is on the line ... am I
right?

salam,
# ./indra

--- Stephen Pole <stephenp AT PRTH.GEOBANK.PGS DOT COM>