ADSM-L

Trusted Communication Agent termination

2001-05-10 16:40:52
Subject: Trusted Communication Agent termination
From: Aubrey Truex <atruex AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:41:40 -0400
I have a dilemma. We have purchased TSM upgrades for our ADSM 3.1.2.40
servers, but they are not installed yet. I received a message from my DBA
this week. His SQL-Backtrack backups of Oracle were failing with the
following message:

[dtobackup 27287] [dtocheck 27291] obsi/adsm: FATAL: ADSM: dsmInit failed,
unable to validate password, ANS1505E (RC294)  Trusted Communication Agent
has terminated unexpectedly.

I checked the doc, and it said something about incorrect permissions on the
executables. So, I removed and resintalled TSM 4.1.1 client on this Solaris
2.8 server. Authentication is turned off on the ADSM server, so I cannot
setup a password.

Does anyone have any hints on what I can try ?

Aubrey

Aubrey Truex
FedEx Technical Common Services
Autosys * Netbackup * TSM