ADSM-L

Re: BACKUPSETS

2001-05-10 12:08:41
Subject: Re: BACKUPSETS
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 12:07:40 -0400
Just another quirk!

How do you go about scratching the expired backupsets?
Some are on tape and others are on disk array...

                    "Gill, Geoffrey
                    L."                     To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <GEOFFREY.L.GILL        cc:
                    @SAIC.COM>              Subject:     Re: BACKUPSETS
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    05/10/2001 11:55
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

>Now I do a Q LIBV to look at my volumes.  The volume that WAS
>associated
>with BACKUPSET_X is still there and labeled BACKUPSET.
>My understanding is that after the retention time has expired,
>the volume
>would be labeled as SCRATCH.

Marc,

I'm told this is a bug that was fixed in 4.1.3, I'm still on 4.1.2 so I
have
the same problem. Once I upgrade I'm told it will go away.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC