ADSM-L

Re: Unable to init TCP/IP driver in OS390 2.10

2001-05-08 08:06:57
Subject: Re: Unable to init TCP/IP driver in OS390 2.10
From: Louis Wiesemann <ljwies01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 08:07:15 -0400
This sounds like what we saw when converting to 2.8 last year (are just now
working on 2.10).  I think it has to do with the telling TSM which TCPIP you
are using, IBM's or something else.  There should be an ANRDDDEF member in the
SYS1.SAMPLIB for R10.  It has comments describing how to setup the job for your
environment.  Then I think you need to rebuild your DSMSERV module.  There
should be some doc on this in the TSM section of the upgrade information as
well as in the ANRDDDEF.

-------------------------------------
Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952

   http://monica.cin.org:81/guest/RemoteListSummary/daily_word

>>> Peter.K.Glass AT WELLSFARGO DOT COM 05/07/01 04:13PM >>>
We just upgraded our development MVS to OS390 2.10. Since then, ADSM
generates this error:
ANR5092E Unable to initialized TCP/IP driver - error creating acceptor
socket.

TCP/IP is up and running, and still under the same name that it's always
had.
We are running ADSM Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.50.
Would this be a release incompatibility issue (we're aware that this release
of ADSM is no longer supported), between ADSM and the new OS390?
Any other ideas on what may cause this error?
Thanks, in advance,

Peter Glass
Distributed Storage Management (DSM)
Wells Fargo Services Company