ADSM-L

Re: Several questions

2001-05-07 09:39:27
Subject: Re: Several questions
From: Hrouda Tomáš <Hrouda AT AGCOM DOT CZ>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 15:34:12 +0200
Hi Sorin, let me try to reply on your first question:

ad a)
TSM provides "mutlithread" feature, which means that multiple clients can
start multiple sessions concurently, even multiple sessions per one client,
if he backup multiple volumes (disks) at once and network and hardware
resources are not full used. The only limitation is number of mount points
(simply drives), which TSM can allocate for given tape storage pool.
Parallel write of client's data is possible by several ways:

1. If your clients backup data directly to tapes, define more tape storage
pools upon one device class (LTO in your case) and direct several clients to
these tape pools (by different management class or different policy
domains). Backup by each management class concurently allocate own mount
point up to reach your mount point limit (count) independently of if
collocation for tape pool is enabled or not.

2. If all your clients backup data directly to one tape storage pool, you
can set up collocation of this pool, and each client session mount your own
tape up to reach your mount points limit.

3. If your clients backup data to disk pool and then data are migrated to
tapes, multiple mounts will occure only if data of multiple clients are
selected for migration and collocation for tape pool is enabled. If
collocation is disabled, there is no sense to mount multiple tapes, because
migrated data are written to tapes sequentialy.

TOM

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.