ADSM-L

Re: Number of scratch tapes?

2001-05-06 18:11:13
Subject: Re: Number of scratch tapes?
From: PETER GRIFFIN <PETER.GRIFFIN AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 07:51:22 +1000
To simply get a count of the number of scratches

select count(*) from libvolumes where upper(status)= 'SCRATCH'

>>> Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US 05/05/01 01:13am >>>
Hi:
Here the select part running from a script.

/home/root/bin/dsmcmd "SELECT LIBVOLUMES.VOLUME_NAME, LIBVOLUMES.STATUS FROM LIB
Volumes where libvolumes.status = 'Scratch'"

[backup] /home/root/bin # more dsmcmd
dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=<your password> -displaymode=table $1

>>> amshaik70 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM 05/04/01 10:57AM >>>
Hi there,

I am a newbie. We have TSM 3.7. running. I want to run a batch command from
my root prompt which give me the number of scratch tapes, I will put it in
cron to mail me every morning as to how much scratch tapes I have in my lib.
How can I do that?  I don't want to go to interactive mode to run it.

Thanks for help

Arshad