ADSM-L

Re: Identify tape volumes

2001-05-05 07:14:07
Subject: Re: Identify tape volumes
From: "France, Don G (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 00:27:55 -0500
If you have the activity log, a cheap&dirty method would be to select from
volumeusage, then reconcile with the tapes that were used during that period
(ie, search=' mounted' on the act-log query)... alternatively, do a query
vol & query content for each tape returned from the volumeusage table.  (You
could use the show cmd for volumeusage & other info, but that's another
story;  search the archives for the full list of show cmd arguments.)
Consider the following SELECT query, to queue up the right tapes:
select distinct node_name,volume_name,stgpool_name from volumeusage \
where node_name='ClientXYZ' and stgpool_name='3570POOL'