ADSM-L

EMC + AIX + 3584 LTO

2001-05-04 14:49:03
Subject: EMC + AIX + 3584 LTO
From: Sorin Serb <sserb AT RO.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 21:49:38 +0300
Hello,

I had some mail problems and I do not know if my message reached the
distribution list. If yes, please excuse for the duplicate. If no, please
help. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Sorin Serb

IBM Romania

---------------------- Forwarded by Sorin Serb/Romania/IBM on 05/04/2001
09:46 PM ---------------------------
09:46 PM ---------------------------

Sorin Serb
05/02/2001 08:59 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:
From: Sorin Serb/Romania/IBM@IBMRO

Hello,

Please help on the following:

1) Does any of the following configurations work for backups of raw logical
volumes ( namely EMC Symmetrix BCV and SRDF volumes ):

     EMC Symmetrix <------ Fibre Channel ------> IBM RS/6000 server + TSM
v4.1 <-------------- Fibre Channel ------------------->3584 LTO Tape
Library

OR

     EMC Symmetrix <------ Fibre Channel ------> EMC Connectrix ( Brocade
OEMed ) switch <----------- Fibre Channel---->IBM  RS/6000 server + TSM
v4.1 <--------- Fibre Channel ---------->3584 LTO Tape Library

Are there any particular issues to take into account ?

2) Where I can find some guidelines / rules of thumb for sizing the TSM
server ( processors, memory etc. ) ?  In the redbooks I browsed I found
some information regarding network / tape library sizing but very sketchy
info about the server.

Many thanks in advance for any hint.

Best Regards,

Sorin Serb