ADSM-L

Restore Problems with TSM 4.1

2001-05-02 17:27:57
Subject: Restore Problems with TSM 4.1
From: Ben Nuval <bnuval AT LSIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:13:27 -0700
Hi all,

We've just upgraded from ADSM 3 to TSM 4.1.  We're running TSM on an
m80 running AIX 4.3.3.0.  We have several Solaris clients that this
instance is backing up.  Some of them have network interfaces speci-
fically for our backup/restore subnet.  On one of the clients, which
runs on Solaris 2.7, we have several 286 Gb partitions.  TSM backs
them up with no problems.

The problem is when I try to restore one of those bing partitions, and
hit a big file (500 mb) along the way, the restore hangs, then times
out, loses connection, reconnects, then starts to restore that file
again.  It does this several times, then either just hangs forever
or gets killed by me.

It I mount the restore partition on the client from the server and
restore to the mountpoint, the restore works flawlessly.

Has anyone run into this problem? ...... help!

Thanks

 Ben V. Nuval                                 bnuval AT lsil DOT com
 Backup Operator
"You can take the boy from the island, but you can't take the island
 from the boy"                                           -- 'da kine