ADSM-L

Re: Network Appliance

2001-05-02 14:24:51
Subject: Re: Network Appliance
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:21:13 -0400
John,

 I'm not the NetApp expert. Actually one of the folks at another location
manages that box. As I understand it the Netapp will present the data as
exported NFS filesystems to any NFS client that wants to mount it. On the
Intel side it makes the data available in CIFS format so clients can "net
use" to the box. There are some various permission schemes in place to
protect the data from unauthorized use.

 We have both Intel and Unix boxes accessing the device. If you would like I
can send you a contact offline for more details. Might be some other folks
on the list that are little more versed in the actual NetApp nuts-n-bolts
than I am.

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS
Gaithersburg, Md.