ADSM-L

version 3 to version 4 help

2001-05-01 14:44:35
Subject: version 3 to version 4 help
From: "Foley, Joe" <Joe.Foley AT BAIN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 14:36:13 -0400
Hi All

I am (finally!) preparing to upgrade from ADSM 3.1 to TSM 4.1 and am
slightly overwhelmed by the choices available. My current plan is as
follows:

Server (Windows NT)
Currently 3.1.2.40 upgrade to 4.1.0.0 then to 4.1.3.0

Windows NT clients
Currently 3.1.0.7f2 upgrade to 4.1.2.12

Netware clients
Currently 3.1.0.8 upgrade to 4.1.2.13

If anyone has advice (specifically known problems) regarding these client
and server versions or the upgrade process in general, I would greatly
appreciate input. I'm upgrading in a test bed first, of course, but any
first hand experience would be great. Thanks!

Joe Foley
Bain & Company, Inc

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information
intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution,
copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.
If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
by reply e-mail and then destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions,
business of Bain & Company shall be understood to be neither given
nor endorsed by the Company.  When addressed to Bain clients, any
information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions
in the governing client contract.