ADSM-L

Re: 500GB Backup

2001-04-30 13:04:22
Subject: Re: 500GB Backup
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:04:22 -5
On 30 Apr 2001, at 11:24, Burton, Robert wrote:
> We have benchmarked this to death....EMC/IBM and Hitachi disk we can get 8
> to 10 MB/s, on both IBM 3590e's and STK 9840 we are getting
> 35 to 40 MB/sec....

We use IBm Shark disk for our TSM staging pools.  One raid set in the
Shark (8 drives, raid5) can accept sequential data at 30MB/s
continuously.  We send 2 gigabit data streams to disk over night at
60-70MB/s.  Most of our data is already compressed Oracle backups, so
when we destage the disk pool we drive 8 3590E drives at 80-90MB/s.

We have lots of EMC storage.  When using meta-volumns we can drive
them at about the same rate for sequential writes - about 30-35MB/s.

Rick