ADSM-L

Building the DRM Characteristics - How to dynamically create them

2001-04-30 01:24:25
Subject: Building the DRM Characteristics - How to dynamically create them
From: PETER GRIFFIN <PETER.GRIFFIN AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:53:48 +1000
I would like to be able to run a post backup command that will generate the
characteristics of the clients which will in turn be read as input for defining
the DRM characteristics.

For example, on NT I intend run a "winmsd /fs"  and extract info from the
generated output

I appreciate any help on how to generate the characteristics for HP and SUN
that would be required to rebuild a server

eg  lanscan on HP & ifconfig on HP

Thanks

Peter Griffin