ADSM-L

DSM.OPT override question.

2001-04-26 15:06:00
Subject: DSM.OPT override question.
From: Alan Davenport <alan.davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:02:42 -0400
One of our vendors insists that their product cannot be backed up
incrementally and insists a selective backup is required. We've
explained that a point in time restore is possible from incremental
backups however they still insist that is no good.

We've included their directory in our include/exclude list for the node
bound the the management class that has been set up especially for this
product's backups. The problem I'm having is that we have to use
preschedule/postschedule commands to shut down and restart the database
before/after the backups. We do not want to shut down the database for
the normal nightly incremental backup for the node.

I swear I read someplace that is possible to override the default
DSM.OPT file for a backup schedule for a command line but I cannot
remember where or how to do this. Can anyone help please?

I would like to have the dir in question excluded from the normal
incremental backup and for the selective backup include the needed
pre/post schedule commands and the directory in question with an include
statement.

                    Al