ADSM-L

Re: puzzling volume

2001-04-26 14:26:32
Subject: Re: puzzling volume
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:26:31 -0400
OK Matthew, I'll give that a try. What is the archstorage parm?

>>> matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM 04/26/01 02:07PM >>>
From: Matthew Glanville

Every time I ran into this problem I had to audit my TSM database.
make sure you backup your database
then
     dsmserv audit db archstorage fix=yes
Wait a few hours (or more to complete)

whenever I tried audit volume fix=yes always had the responce 'volume
contains no data'

I have had this problem both with tape voluems and disk volumes.

They told me to do the audit db when I called TSM support and explained my
situation.

Matthew Glanville

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> on 04/26/2001 11:36:26 AM