ADSM-L

Re: MOVE data to new copy pool

2001-04-26 10:39:53
Subject: Re: MOVE data to new copy pool
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:40:36 -0400
>but any sort of "move data" or migration from one pool to another would be
>no different than the basic creation of the data with the "backup stg
>primarypool copypool" command.

Well, it would, in the sense that John was trying to effect a move rather
than a copy, which is to say have only one instance of the (large amount
of) data in the library, rather than end up with another whole instance
on the new media and have to take steps to delete all the old.
As you say, I think John is stuck having to do a Backup Stgpool to the
new media.

  Richard Sims, BU